How can I transfer my contact information from a Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura to a new one?

A

AC Question

Transferring my contact information from a Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura

I lost my Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura last week and purchased a new one. I wanted to know how I can transfer my contacts and texts , if possible, to my new Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura? I have sentimental pictures on my original Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura, which were taken by my phone and also sent to my phone and did not know if these are recoverable. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Transferring my contact information from a Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura

Welcome to Android Central! If you physically lost the phone, and if that information hadn't been backed up anywhere or synced to your Google account (or some other cloud service), then it's gone. Contacts should always be associated with your Google account, not the Phone account. With the Google account, they're automatically synced with your Google cloud, and can be synced to any other device you log into. With the Phone account, they aren't synced with anything, unless you use a 3rd party program that is often clunky and unreliable.

Texts would have had to be backed up using an app like SMS Backup +. Important photos should always be backed up to your hard drive, or uploaded periodically to Google+ Photos or some other cloud storage like Dropbox. You can turn Google+ Auto Backup on to automatically upload any new photo to your Google+ Photos. But if you never did that with the old phone, then they're gone. Sorry!