My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 accidentally deleted my pictures from gallery, how can I get them back?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ~ accidentally deleted my pictures from gallery

is there a way to retrieve my pictures? after I did this I was getting help from someone online and I took a screen shot to send to them on my phone...does this mean recovering the photos is not an option now?

I downloaded Dr Fone and tried but it kept telling me it couldn't do it

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ~ accidentally deleted my pictures from gallery

There might be others that can, but I can't remember any names. It may be possible that once items marked for deletion are hidden well from most PC programs. Have you downloaded any other data, pictures, etc?

From an AOSP M8

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ~ accidentally deleted my pictures from gallery

1) There are no pictures "in Gallery". Gallery is an app that displays all pictures wherever they are on the phone.

2) Pictures stored internally can possibly be recovered - the phone has to be rooted (what has to be accessed to find a deleted file can't be accessed without root). DiskDigger will recover pictures for free - you need the paid version to recover other file types. Two problems:

a) Rooting the phone writes to storage, and may overwrite some of the deleted files.
b) Installing DiskDigger may also overwrite some of the deleted files.

3) Pictures deleted from the SD card can usually be completely recovered if nothing has been written to the card that overwrites them. Download PhotoRec and burn it to a disk. Put the SD card into a card reader and plug it into the computer. Boot the computer using the disk you burned. Tell it to find files on the SD card. It'll find anything that looks like a file of a format it recognizes (and you haven't heard of most of the formats it recognizes, but all of the media [picture, video, audio] types are included).

Having done a screen shot will have saved a file to internal storage. The only way to know whether that overwrote part of a picture is to recover internal storage (DiskDigger) and see what you get. Sometimes you'll get the top half of a picture with junk on the bottom half - that means that the space in which the bottom part of the picture was stored got overwritten. If all you really need is what's in the top half, you can open the file in a picture editor and chop off the bottom garbage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38