Why I don't see all of my photos on Android?

Kristian Desev

Oct 6, 2022
Visit site
Hello! For third month I've got a problem with my gallery - I cant send pictures I have taken last week for example but I can easily send pictures from last April as they come on the top of social medias when posting. I've got all of my photos in my gallery and I can see them, but I can't send no one from the last summer. I have seen that I only have a camera folder with just 2000 photos from the first half of the year, however, I can't send any picture I have taken from June to October. Is it normal? May I have deleted the folder with these photos? I have deleted a lot of photos and I still don't see the ones I need the most. I also upload a lot of them in Google Drive on my computer.
Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

It is very unusual to not be able to share photos on your device. I have a some concerns and a few questions. It sounds like the lion's share of your photos are only on your device. While you've backed up some the ones that are not backed up are at risk. Imagine if your phone broke or was lost or damaged, it might be impossible to retrieve data from the device. Backups are protection from loss but only if you do it before you can't.

What device do you have?

Where, as in what app, are you trying to share these photos to?

How are you trying to share them? Are you in the app trying to share them, are you in Google Photos or Google Drive trying to share to another app, are you in a gallery app, like Samsung Gallery, trying to share? What is the process you're using?

You say you can share really old photos but nothing recent, where are these older photos stored? While it is easy to see photos on our devices from many locations all at once, for example I can see all of my backed up photos on Google Photos as well as some stored on a networked PC, but the photos are stored off device. Are those photos actually on the device or someplace else?

What happens when you try to share a more recent photo? Is there an error message that tells you it failed, does it act like it is working but the photos never share, what happens exactly?

At one point it sounds like you're saying that the photos don't appear at all, are you able to see the photos ever or is only when you're trying to share?

Let us know the answers to these questions and we'll offer you some advice.

Just guessing at what might be happening makes me want to say try clearing the cache for the apps you're trying to share to, Facebook, Instagram, whatever, and the app for where you're viewing the photos, Google Photos, Gallery, Drive. Some times things get hung up in the app cache that cause little problems and just need to be cleared away. Let us know what you find and what you've tried to avoid repeated advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali