Do I have to update from Android Jellybean to Lollipop for my Huawei Ascend Y330?

A

AC Question

do I have to update from android jellybean to lollipop for my huawei ascend y330

Update my android to lollipop from jellybean

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: do I have to update from android jellybean to lollipop for my huawei ascend y330

No, you don't have to. I have a Nexus 4 running Kitkat 4.4.4, with Lollipop ready to download if I choose. Since I already have Lollipop elsewhere, I've decided to continue enjoying Kitkat on it. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: do I have to update from android jellybean to lollipop for my huawei ascend y330

I'm still running 4.4.2 on one of my phones, since the major change in 4.4.4 was the SSL fix, and I don't use that phone for anything secure, so I never bothered to update it. On another phone, I'm still running 2.3 - it still works, although it's like racing a Model T at Indy, but I have a few apps on it that still work well, and it's small.

The only reason you'd have to update is because you have to run an app that won't run on an earlier version. Even Android 1 still works if all you want is a phone.