Why is my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012) not restarting?

A

AC Question

I left my tablet to charge overnight as usual last night. When I woke up in the middle of the night for a bathroom break, I noticed that my tablet's screen is white. I tried restarting it using the power on button but it didn't work so I pressed the power on + volume down button. Then the screen darkened and showed a battery charging, like how it would appear when you are charging your tablet but in a powered off state. So I left it to charge and went back to sleep. When I woke up this morning and tried to switch on my tablet, it will not load. It freezes at the point where the 'SAMSUNG' word flashes. I've left it flashing for almost an hour now and at this point I don't know what to do. Please help! Also, my tablet has had a history of unable to charge properly. Is that somehow related? And how do I know if my battery is the one malfunctioning or if my charger is the one defunct? Thank you in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can easily test out any other USB cable and wall charger plug to see if that's where the problem lies. If the battery still doesn't charge correctly, then problem is probably with the battery or the charge port. Replacing the battery would probably require a trip to a repair shop, although there are probably a number of DIY videos on YouTube.

Try booting into Recovery Mode--if you're successful, try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14245