Why isn't my LG Optimus L9 II receiving all the text messages?

A

AC Question

My LG Optimus L9 II is not receiving all the text messages

It's been quite some time that people tell me that they have sent me an SMS but I never receive it. The signal strength is maximum there doesn't seem to be any other kind of problem. However, these SMS never reach my phone. There isn't a way to be aware of that, so I don't know how many SMS I have lost since I have this phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My LG Optimus L9 II is not receiving all the text messages

Welcome to Android Central! Did you just recently come from an iPhone? Are the people who are sending you texts using iPhones as well?

Marianna Kotzia

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

I can't be certain for all of them. However, one of the people texting me without success uses an old Nokia. I used to have an iPhone but that was a year ago.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

And when you say it's been quite some time that this problem has been going on, how long exactly? The issue is that if you didn't completely remove your phone number from Apple's iMessage servers, that can cause problems when receiving texts from other people using iMessage. Obviously, this wouldn't involve messages from a Nokia--but it still may be worth calling Apple support and checking to make sure your number isn't somehow still linked to the iMessage server.

The other thing to do is call your carrier and see if they have any input.

Marianna Kotzia

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

I first noticed the problem about 4 months ago. I can't be certain it hadn't happened again before. I have contacted my carrier multiple times and they insist that there isn't a problem on their part. I don't get all their messages either. I can contact Apple but I don't see how it would help with messages sent from Nokia phones.

Marianna Kotzia

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

Update on the iMessage solution:
I tried to unregister and got the message: Your phone number is not registered with iMessage. So, it's not a problem with Apple.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Can you bring the phone to your wireless store, and demonstrate the problem to them in person? Maybe bring one of your friends whose messages never come through, and show what happens when they try to text you while standing right next to you.

Marianna Kotzia

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

I will take the phone to LG next week. The problem is that the problem doesn't always happen. Some times I receive the messages and sometimes not. Which is even more annoying because I can not tell if a message has been sent.