My Acer wifi Tablet is browsing but my apps won't work. How can I get them to work?

A

AC Question

My Acer wifi Tablet is browsing but my apps won't work.

I have an Acer B1-730 Wifi tablet. It uses Android. I can browse using chrome, download apps from them playstore, but when im try to sign up or sign in for example to twitter while using the twitter app it does not work. the same applies with the skype app. i downloaded it from the app store but all it does is load and says i am not connected. Chrome works just fine. but i want my apps to work. what i can do to get them to work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Acer wifi Tablet is browsing but my apps won't work.

Welcome to Android Central! Is this only on your home wi-fi network, or on any network?

Robin Hau

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site

Hey man.. am the one that posted the question.. I just signed up today. I haven't tried it with other networks. the one I use is the only network we have. its like a work base where we live. so we use the wifi after work at night. I downloaded the twitter app, instagram and Skype. they are all not working. I've been downloading music with chrome. it works just fine. the problem are the apps. help me man!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

What do you mean by a work base? If this is a workplace wi-fi network that is not under your control (i.e., it isn't one you've set up), then it's possible that the network administrator has set up some kind of firewall for various social media servers. This wouldn't be unusual for a work wi-fi network. Try it on a public open network, like at your local cafe.

Robin Hau

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site

its a camp. we work and sleep there. its really far from town. my friends use the same wifi network to skype, download stuff, tweet and many other things. if its possible that this kind of firewall was set up how come i can access twitter while using chrome? the problem is the tab. or do u think i should root it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That's strange. So the Twitter and Skype apps are installed successfully, but when you open them, they just tell you they can't connect?

Not sure if rooting would matter. Check to make sure the tablet's date and time are exactly correct--sometimes a minor discrepancy can mess things up when it comes to web access.

Robin Hau

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site

yeah i saw this date thing here the other day.. somebody couldnt access the web coz the date wasnt set properly.. well my time and date are up to date.. and yes the twitter and skype apps installed successfully. the instagram app is doing the same thing too. its boring man.. i took them from the app store.. everytime i enter my details to sign in (twitter) or sign up (skype, instagram) it loads for a while then brings me the error. am screwed man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty