why does my tab3 drain power while switched off?

A

AC Question

Fully charged Tablet then left it for 2 days wouldn't switch on because power drained.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! By switched off, you mean completely powered off, right? How old is the device? Have you noticed abnormal battery behavior recently? I would suspect a failing battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you confirm that this is happening when the tablet is completely powered off, as opposed to simply having the screen asleep?

You say the battery is brand new--but is the whole device brand new? Did you recently replace the battery? Regardless of how new the battery is, it's still possible for it to be defective, and discharge improperly.

erin11246

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
no, the device is about 1 year old, had the charging port repaired and changed the battery. I know what you say about battery being perhaps faulty, as a computer technican it does occur but previous battery that was in tablet was doing exactly same thing. By the way, thanks for your quick response.

erin11246

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi, no the tablet is switched off. I have now disabled some of the apps that were running at startup to see if one of them is the problem. If I find the problem is solved I will start turning them on one at a time until I locate the one that is causung the drain. Fully charged it yesterday afternoon and up to now it is showing only 18% loss of battery, so I'm keping my fingers crossed.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
All sorts of things can cause drain with the phone simply switched off. I once dropped from 100% to 3% overnight....phone had powered off to protect the battery. After your drains, what did your battery stats reveal to be the main users of charge?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If by switched off, you mean completely powered off, then the apps don't make a difference, because they won't be running while the device is powered off.

If the battery is draining a lot while the device is completely powered off, then it has to be a hardware issue.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.