Why is my Tablet refusing to check for updates and complaining about its network connection?

A

AC Question

Tablet is refusing to check for updates and complaining about its network connection

When I go into my Acer A500's systems menu and tell it to preform a check for updates, it gives me the message "Network coverage is currently poor. Please move to a location with better coverage to continue." If I go and stand right on top of my wireless router, and my tablet shows every little reception bar lit, it still gives me the same message. It's getting internet just fine, it's accessing email and apps just fine, but I can't get it to preform an update check anywhere I go.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Tablet is refusing to check for updates and complaining about its network connection

Try a Cache Partition wipe.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sand3

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Tablet is refusing to check for updates and complaining about its network connection

No luck. I ended up doing a factory reset because I couldn't even get recovery mode to load, and after all that and re-registering my tablet, it's still giving me the exact same message when i tell it to search for updates.