How do I stop my phone from notifying my tablet and laptop that its battery is fully charged?

pmennen

Jan 9, 2022
Visit site
I have a Moto G6 running Android 9. When I put it in the charger I will eventually hear a notification beep on my Samsung tablet (running Android 7) and I will also get a notification from Chrome on my windows 10 laptop that my phone battery is charged. (The phone itself does not emit any sound for this event.) When I hear a notification, I will stop what I am doing to go check my tablet, only to find out that my phone is charged. Why would I want to know this? I've read that this is so I can remove my phone from the charger. However a friend who designs battery chargers says that after the phone is charged it will maintain at most a small trickle charge that will not harm the battery and that I don't have to worry about doing anything when the phone is charged. And then sometimes I will ignore the tablet's sound thinking that it is just my stupid phone only to later learn that I missed an urgent message. This is insanity. It ruins a potentially useful feature (notifications of important events). If googled this hundreds of times and tried to follow the instructions to turn off such notifications, but my settings menu does not look like the instructions say and I have never found a setting for battery notifications. Is this a limitation of Android 9 or has Motorola hidden this setting in their Moto g6 phone? I've been ready to dump this phone in the river for months now, but it seems a waste since otherwise it functions well. I also worry that I might have the same problem with the next phone I buy. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I've never heard of another device giving you a notification that a different device's battery is full -- unless you have some kind of 3rd party battery app installed on all of the devices that is somehow syncing.

When you hear the notification on the tablet, do you see a notification icon that corresponds to it? If so, swipe down the notification panel and tell us what app is responsible for that notification (or show us a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html).

pmennen

Jan 9, 2022
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy. I was looking at the notification screen shot I was about to send you when I noticed the problem. (I guess I never looked at it carefully). The notification was caused by an application called mightyText which allows me to send text messages without having to use the small keyboard on my phone. Instead I can use the much better keyboard on my computer, or the slightly better keyboard on my tablet. Going into the mightyText extension options I was able to find where I could turn off the battery full notifications. I think mightyText is making a serious error by enabling this option by default, and I doubt I'm the only one maddened by these useless and invasive notifications. You didn't say much, but it was enough to help me solve the problem ... so thanks again. ~Paul

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good detective work! It's pretty odd that mightyText would include that feature, since it seems to have nothing to do with texting itself -- it's a good example of "mission creep," where an app starts to overextend itself to do things it probably shouldn't be doing!:)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe