S5 5.0 Wiped Cache & Lost WiFi

savnout

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Please help..I have a Samsung Galaxy S5/with Verizon. Downloaded 5.0 little over a week ago OTA and all was well...I went into System Recovery and wiped my cache and when phone booted back up...my WiFi icon was grayed out (not on) so I pushed icon and nothing..went into settings menu and hit toggle button...won't switch on..everything was working fine before wiping cache.

Been 30min now and still can't get WiFi to come.

Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Try Settings, Wifi, 3-dot menu, Advanced Wifi (the steps might be different on a Samsung), Smart Network Select....switch that off.

savnout

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I tries that....most of the menu was greyed out as well.... I ended up doing a wipe factory reset and all is well...really well, phone is ripping fast and it was a hastle restoring everything from Google and Verizon Cloud's but it is fixed.

Anyway, it was strange...doing a simple wipe cache partition which is used mostly for app cache wiped my WiFi driver it seems.

But once again, thanks for the help.

How about this one...On my smart lock screen...I don't have the 'Trusted Face' option....do you? Not sure if your running a S5 Verizon..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress