I lost my Google calendar entries, how do I get them back?

A

AC Question

lost my google calendar entries

I have been using a Sony Xperia Z1 and my Google calendar on my PC using my primary Gmail address and other Gmail addresses and outlook email address for my Calendar entries.

My calendar entries always sync between my device and my laptop version of Gmail Calendar.

I have recently changed my phone. I now have a Oneplus One (OPO). Using anyphonetransfer software I transferred all my data from Sony Xperia Z1 to my new Oneplus One.

I have since lost all my calendar entries on my laptop and my Sony Xperia Z1. There are calendar entries on the new phone, Oneplus One, but the entries appear altered, eg. no longer coloured, addresses not linked to Google Maps, etc.

Is there any way I can recover the calendar entries back onto my laptop. The old entries are essential for my records, whilst forthcoming entries are still required.

Thank you for taking the time to read this long explanation.

Regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: lost my google calendar entries

Welcome to Android Central! Uh-oh.:-\ I wonder if it has to do with the anyphonetransfer program. It's possible that in the process of transferring the Google calendar events from the Z1 to the OPO, it actually deleted the events from the Z1--and since the Z1's Google Calendar is synced with your Google account, those deletions were also carried over to your Google Calendar in the cloud.

Unfortunately, with Google Calendar, if events are deleted, they're pretty much gone. There is a workaround to recover deleted events, but it requires a Google Apps for Enterprise administrator: https://support.google.com/a/answer/1084819?hl=en

In the future, there's no need to use a 3rd party transfer app for Google calendars. If you log into the new device with the same Google account, then you can easily sync any of your Google calendars onto it.

Fahadzs22

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello B Diddy, dude I did the same thing lol I was using a Samsung device until Friday this week but then on Saturday got this Huawei phone and now when I try to find my events they're no where to be found. Not on the Desktop nor the phone.. What now can you help me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you recall if the calendar events on your old Samsung phone were synced with one of your Google calendars, or were they only locally saved? If the latter, and if you no longer have the phone, then I'm afraid they're gone.