My s3 mini won't turn on or charge, help?

A

AC Question

I had some trouble charging my phone for a little while. I would plug it in over night with 10%, but in the morning it would only be at 30-something% (it varies). I thought it was a problem with the charger and used the USB charger instead of the wall socket. The problem got better but then it repeated. I then thought it was a problem with the battery and so got a new battery, charged it with that, and then used the other battery. It worked fine for a while. But now recently I have tried to charge it over night with 15%, but it dies during the night and when I try to charge it, it won't turn on. I switched the battery to the original one and let it charge. When I put the original battery in, it had 1%. After only 2 minutes, it said it was at 17%. I let it charge a bit more and it was at 26%. As soon as I took it out of the charger, it suddenly jumped up to 50%. I plugged it back in to see if it would charge more, but it just started going down. The next day I charged it over night (starting at 6%), but it died during the night and all day I have been trying to charge it and turn it on. Neither the wall charger or the USB charger will work. Please help me <3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure you're letting the phone charge on a wall outlet for at least 6-8 hours before even trying to check how it's doing. Second, try using a different cable and wall charger plug, since those items can fail.

If any battery, regardless of old or new, is continuing to do this, and you've already tried different chargers, then the problem may lie with the charge port or the motherboard.