After you downgrade your phone, will you still be able to update like normal?

A

AC Question

So I have the Galaxy s5. After getting the Lollipop update, everything seems to be really laggy and it seems like my battery drains faster than ever before. So I was thinking of flashing back to 4.4.4 (I found I guide so I'm already aware of how to do this). My question is, when I flash this older version to my phone, if a better lollipop update comes out in the future, can I still update just by going into my settings and looking for updates? Or will I only be able to update via flashing? Thanks and let me know if you need any more info from me.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Provided you are flashing the stock, 'factory' image for your phone, it will pick up OTAs just like it did before. They reset things so when it comes online, you will probably get a notification that there is an update available (the original LP update you just took). You would ignore that, of course, until an update is released.

Have you tried a factory reset after the 5.0 update? Major updates can often cause some incompatibilities with the data already on your phone... resetting things (make sure you save off any files on your internal storage as they may be removed in the process). If you are considering flashing back to Kitkat, you don't really have anything to lose by trying that first.

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Provided you are flashing the stock, 'factory' image for your phone, it will pick up OTAs just like it did before. They reset things so when it comes online, you will probably get a notification that there is an update available (the original LP update you just took). You would ignore that, of course, until an update is released.

Have you tried a factory reset after the 5.0 update? Major updates can often cause some incompatibilities with the data already on your phone... resetting things (make sure you save off any files on your internal storage as they may be removed in the process). If you are considering flashing back to Kitkat, you don't really have anything to lose by trying that first.

I'm the OP, just logged into my account. I didn't think about that actually. I'll try doing a factory reset and testing it out for a couple of days and if it feels the same i'll just revert back. But thank you for the answer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runblue