How do I stop notifications of "time to work?"

A

AC Question

I'm retired. Repeat: I have no job. Shortly after receiving my Nexus 5 I had a dental appointment and follow-up a week or so later--with a sedation dentist (HATE dentistry, which is part of why this is so incredibly annoying!). Google apparently decided THAT is where I work, and at random times I get notifications that it's an 11-minute drive "TO WORK" at my dentist's office.

Maybe I'm stupid, maybe it's all the nitrous, but I can't find where to change this. Help? It's been several months, so the Google Maps history doesn't show the dental visits ... but it sure doesn't want me to forget!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it shows up in notifications (pull down the notification bar when it happens), long-press the notification and tap App info and you'll see which app is making the notification. You might have a repeating alarm set.

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
That actually could be a Google now notification. When you get that reminder, if it is a Google now reminder there should be an option to say you don't care about reminders to that place. I just had one pop up a few days ago to a local shopping mall so I had to turn it off.

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I stop notifications of "time to work?"

It's puzzling that it thinks that's your work, though...
When you go into Google maps, go into settings & pick "Your Places". Is there a Work entry listed? If there is, you should be able to remove it.

Last edited:

Kathrynne

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do I stop notifications of "time to work?"

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Yes, Google Maps somehow decided that's where I work! Pretty horrific when you realize I have to be sedated to go there! I mean, c'mon! We've all had rotten jobs, but ...

And the reminders come at such weird times, irregular days ... weird!

Gone! Now I just hope it remembers to remind me when I have an actual appointment!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez