Google Now widget Issue?

Mailman44

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an issue with this widget that just started recently. I am on an HTC One M8 running Lollipop on the Viperone rom. Which I have been on for quite some time. When setting up my home screens I have always reduced the google now widget to 4X1 after dropping on the screen. I have never had an issue until now. If I try to reduce it I can, but it basically disappears. It's still there and somewhat visible but nothing is displayed. And if you tap on it you can't open it. At random it will suddenly be back to normal for a brief period of time before disappearing again.

If I press and hold I get the re-size box. If I re-size to 4x2 it's fully functional. But that is not how I want it. I thought maybe Nova Launcher was the culprit. I uninstalled it and went back to blinkfeed and that didn't fix it. And of course rebooted. I have also tried doing a factory reset and starting from scratch. Issue still persists. And just to rule out the Viperone Rom I tried Android revolution. Still no luck.Any Ideas? Thanks

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an issue with this widget that just started recently. I am on an HTC One M8 running Lollipop on the Viperone rom. Which I have been on for quite some time. When setting up my home screens I have always reduced the google now widget to 4X1 after dropping on the screen. I have never had an issue until now. If I try to reduce it I can, but it basically disappears. It's still there and somewhat visible but nothing is displayed. And if you tap on it you can't open it. At random it will suddenly be back to normal for a brief period of time before disappearing again.

If I press and hold I get the re-size box. If I re-size to 4x2 it's fully functional. But that is not how I want it. I thought maybe Nova Launcher was the culprit. I uninstalled it and went back to blinkfeed and that didn't fix it. And of course rebooted. I have also tried doing a factory reset and starting from scratch. Issue still persists. And just to rule out the Viperone Rom I tried Android revolution. Still no luck.Any Ideas? Thanks

Could be the app widget needs to be updated by Google.