Question Issue after rebooting phone

s_h84

Nov 8, 2023
Visit site
Hi

I have a strange issue, which Im wondering if anyone has come across before or has any advice on.

I have a Xiaomi m11 lite. The phone was working fine and had no issues, but someone had told it is good practice to reboot the phone every so often so I rebooted. Upon it restarting, the battery is now showing as 0%. The battery was at 50% prior to rebooting, but is now showing as 0%. I know this can't be the case however as I can still use the phone as normal/put brightness up to max etc and it still works, so I know that the battery isnt really at 0%. On top of this, I can' charge the battery (or at least it doesnt show it is charging when plugged in. Whether the battery is actually going up but still showing as 0%, im not sure). Also, other issues upon rebooting the device are that there is now no sound on the device. I have tried multiple apps/websites and there is just no sound coming out. I have obviously looked in to all the settings and they are all as should be. And the sound was working fine right before rebooting. I have also connected my bluetooth headphones but still no sound coming to them.

Also. Another issue is that it is now showing as no data on the device. It is as if the sim card has been removed. I can still get on wifi, but it looks like there would be no way to make/receive calls right now.

Has anyone ever come across anything like this before? The phone had absolutely no issues until rebooting, now has powered back up and has all of these issues and it doesnt make any sense to me?! I have tried rebooting again multiple times but it still keeps powering up with these same issues.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
How long have you had this device? If you've had it since its release, it could have a failing battery. Have you left it undisturbed and on the charger for around 12 hours? Try that and see if it is back to normal. Also, try a different charging cable and a different outlet.

s_h84

Nov 8, 2023
Visit site
How long have you had this device? If you've had it since its release, it could have a failing battery. Have you left it undisturbed and on the charger for around 12 hours? Try that and see if it is back to normal. Also, try a different charging cable and a different outlet.
Thanks for your reply.

I have had it around 18 months. I'm not really sure its a failing battery. The battery tends to still last 1.5-2 days on a charge and never had any issues with it until now, and it was at around 50% when I decided to reboot my phone. Even with it showing as 0%, it clearly still has around 50% charge as im able to operate it as normal.

If it was only the battery issue then I would assume a battery fault, but the fact I am also having data connection issues and no sound as well as the battery saying 0% (when it clearly isnt). Its just the fact all of these issues just appeared randomly after I decided to reboot the phone. There were no issues before doing this. It is just very strange how the phone can reboot and suddenly start saying no data service/no sound/0% battery when it had been absolutely fine 30 seconds before.