My contacts list has disappeared and it says contact list updating

A

AC Question

My phone has been trying to update my contact list for 5 days. I cant make a phone call unless I know the number and it wont let me add a number to my contact list. The contacts must still must be on my phone as when I'm in my car the Bluetooth lets me make calls via my contact list???? Please help as its so frustrating as having to resort to pen and paper to write numbers down. I can still whatsapp and all my messages just come with numbers rather than contact names, My phone is a galaxy note 3. Thank you in advance :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were all of your contacts associated with your Google account, your Samsung account, or the local Device account? If they were with the Google account, then go to the App Manager, select Contact Storage, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], uncheck Contacts, and then check it again. Wait for it to sync--does it work now?

If not, then try removing your Google account altogether in Settings>Accounts​, then adding it back again.

austin toepfer

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, I tried to resend contacts, remove and re-add Google account and I've already cleared my cache partition and my contacts list is stilllooking updating. Also note that this is right after the newest lollipop update

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also note that this is right after the newest lollipop update
And that's probably the cause - a bug in the update. Bring the phone to TMobile and ask them to "downdate" the phone until they fix the bug. (In the US, if their update broke the phone [not having a contact is "broke"], it's their responsibility to fix it.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress