Lollipop updat

crammpa

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
According to AT&T my Galaxy Alpha should have received the 5.0 updated OTA. I have gotten the OTA, but the phone won't update and it says the software update has been interrupted. I don't know what could be interrupting it since I don't touch my phone while that is happening. AT&T says everything is fine on their end, and didn't offer much help to resolve the situation. Unfortunately, I can't root the phone since there is no root method for my current build number. That's unfortunate because being without root sucks. I was wondering if there is something in my settings that I could try?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video starting around 2:45, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igI3fLQ2M-c

crammpa

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it's just getting done installing the 5.0 update. I cleared the cache and data in Google Services Framework then restarted the phone. Then I tried the update software in the about phone option and everything worked smoothly after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy