Hi Friends! An annoying problem just has happened to my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone!. Can I get some help?

A

AC Question

Hi Friends! An annying problem just has happened to my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone!.

It showed me some update requirement, after the update finished, it is not turned on and is stuck on Samsung logo while a blue light on top keeps flashing. Plzzzzz help

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Power Off the phone, then see if you can boot into Recovery. If so, you might as well wipe the Cache Partition, good practice after an update.
Get back to us if that doesn't help.

If you're not sure about how to get into Recovery, and the Cache Partition wipe, this explains:
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6205

Note: Do not Master Reset your phone, although that is also described there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Samaaneh S

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Hi Friends! An annying problem just has happened to my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone!.

Dear Friend
Thanks for the reply, but please note that:
1- it is not switched off unless I remove the battery.
2- I already tried wiping cache partition, but my phone still has the same problem i.e. it freezes on Samsung Logo and doesnt show me my screen.
Please help.

Samaaneh S

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Hi Friends! An annying problem just has happened to my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone!.

Dear Friend
Thanks for the reply, but please note that:
1- it is not switched off unless I remove the battery.
2- I already tried wiping cache partition, but my phone still has the same problem i.e. it freezes on Samsung Logo and doesnt show me my screen.
Please help.

Samaaneh S

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

:'( I waited for replies, but since I received none, I did the factory setting, but it still has the same problem.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

I'll pass this on to others who may be able to suggest something.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums. Since a cache wipe did not work, I think your next step should be to do a factory reset.

From an AOSP M8

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

If you ran through a factory reset and you are getting stuck at the boot screen, I would say that whatever update you got corrupted your system software somehow... unfortunately, no matter how many factory resets you run through, that won't clear (factory resets only reset user data, not system).

Your best chance here is to reload the factory image using a computer to assist. Good news/Bad news... the factory images for the SIII are readily available here (Samsung-updates.com) but the SIII had several different model varients based on location and carrier. So you will have to hunt down the RIGHT image before you start anything.

There are a bunch of guides on how to do this... but CNET, of all places, has one that isn't half bad. You can find that here

So start there. If you run into problems, the SIII forums here will be a good place to follow up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Rewinding a bit here--you said your phone told you of an update requirement. Do you remember what the update was? Was it an official update from Samsung, Google, or the carrier?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez