Automatic download from my cell phone to tablet not working

A

AC Question

The salesclerk in the Verizon store set up the App or Icon or whatever it is, as to where my photos will be stored in my tablet. He said that the photos I take with my Galaxy S5 cell phone camera will automatically be downloaded in my Samsung tablet. The App downloads the photos into Google Drive.

That worked great for about 5 days but the last couple of days, the automatic download process isn't working. And I don't know where to tap on my screen or what icon to use or whatever to get this automatic download system to work again. Or who to Google to ask for help about this automatic downloading issue. How do I get this automatic downloading to work again? Or how do I download the photos from my Galaxy S5 to my tablet by myself - which I would prefer to do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It shouldn't be an automatic download--the tablet should just be syncing with Google+ Photos in the cloud, so that any photos that are uploaded automatically by your phone should be seen pretty soon after on your tablet in the Photos or Gallery apps, as long as the tablet is connected to the web and Auto-Sync is turned on. What you see in the gallery app is what is stored in your cloud--but those photos aren't necessarily stored locally on your tablet. You can then decide which photos you want to download directly to the tablet for offline viewing, or just keep them in the cloud and view them using the tablet's gallery apps.

On the tablet, go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure the following are checked, if present: Gallery, Google Photos, Google+ Photos, Picasa.