I have a Samsung note 4. The calender was working fine till couple of days ago. Believe it was right after I did a Samsung system/software update. "My Calender" (Samsung's version of calender) and google calender on my laptop no longer automatically sync. I installed a google calender from the google play store on my phone - thinking this maybe able to solve the issue. Unfortunately - no. The new google calender doesn't automatically sync either. I have to refresh BOTH on my phone AND on my laptop in order for the new event to show up at both places.

I have exhausted all the suggestions found online, such as "clear data", "clear cache", checked google setting on the phone, re-started both laptop and phone. Wonder if anyone has suggestions? :-(

I have a Samsung note 4. The calender was working fine till couple of days ago. Believe it was right after I did a Samsung system/software update. "My Calender" (Samsung's version of calender) and google calender on my laptop no longer automatically sync. I installed a google calender from the google play store on my phone - thinking this maybe able to solve the issue. Unfortunately - no. The new google calender doesn't automatically sync either. I have to refresh BOTH on my phone AND on my laptop in order for the new event to show up at both places.

I have exhausted all the suggestions found online, such as "clear data", "clear cache", checked google setting on the phone, re-started both laptop and phone. Wonder if anyone has suggestions? :-(
    04-30-2015 10:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How are you refreshing Google Calendar on your laptop? On a computer, Google Calendar is web-based--since it's in the cloud, there's no need to refresh it on your computer. Unless you're importing your Google Calendar into Outlook or some other client, then trying to sync it that way to the phone's Calendar app.

On the phone, go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]​. Is Calendar checked on there?
    05-01-2015 01:19 PM