Have to manually sync google calendar from PC to phone and vice versa, why?

A

AC Question

Have to manually sync google calender from PC to phone and vice versa

I have a Samsung note 4. The calender was working fine till couple of days ago. Believe it was right after I did a Samsung system/software update. "My Calender" (Samsung's version of calender) and google calender on my laptop no longer automatically sync. I installed a google calender from the google play store on my phone - thinking this maybe able to solve the issue. Unfortunately - no. The new google calender doesn't automatically sync either. I have to refresh BOTH on my phone AND on my laptop in order for the new event to show up at both places.

I have exhausted all the suggestions found online, such as "clear data", "clear cache", checked google setting on the phone, re-started both laptop and phone. Wonder if anyone has suggestions? :-(

I have a Samsung note 4. The calender was working fine till couple of days ago. Believe it was right after I did a Samsung system/software update. "My Calender" (Samsung's version of calender) and google calender on my laptop no longer automatically sync. I installed a google calender from the google play store on my phone - thinking this maybe able to solve the issue. Unfortunately - no. The new google calender doesn't automatically sync either. I have to refresh BOTH on my phone AND on my laptop in order for the new event to show up at both places.

I have exhausted all the suggestions found online, such as "clear data", "clear cache", checked google setting on the phone, re-started both laptop and phone. Wonder if anyone has suggestions? :-(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Have to manually sync google calender from PC to phone and vice versa

Welcome to Android Central! How are you refreshing Google Calendar on your laptop? On a computer, Google Calendar is web-based--since it's in the cloud, there's no need to refresh it on your computer. Unless you're importing your Google Calendar into Outlook or some other client, then trying to sync it that way to the phone's Calendar app.

On the phone, go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]​. Is Calendar checked on there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy