Question Automatically transfer phone camera photos and videos to Windows 7 PC

classact

May 2, 2018
Visit site
I'm looking for a way to automatically transfer phone camera photos and videos to my Windows 7 PC whenever WiFi is enabled on the phone (which is every night, all night).

(Yes, I know: "Windows 7?!" Until I get the next infusion of investment dollars in, I'm still on Windows 7. Having three small businesses to run, there's a lot to migrate to a new machine.)

I don't need 2-way sync. I just need the camera DCIM folder contents on the phone automatically copied to a single preselected default folder on the PC, or in OneDrive or Google Drive if there's no practical way to get them to be automatically copied to the PC itself.

Thanks!

Jay

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Easiest way is to set up either Google Photos back up or the DCIM folder in Google Drive or OneDrive. They will upload the media to the cloud, and if you set it up on a computer, you can sync that folder (and set up if it will be one way or not).

If you want it to be JUST to a PC and not a cloud interim, then things are a little trickier because while you can have an automation app (like Tasker) take care of that, the problem is how to differentiate the 'new' stuff from what's already been uploaded, check that WiFi is available both for the phone and computer, when a link is available, etc.. That's why setting it up for a cloud service first is waaaay easier (and safer, since the media is stored in a cloud locker that can be accessed easily should the physical media in both phone or computer fail).