Help Google play music

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. Yesterday something weird happened that I haven't been able to fix.
I tried to play music on my nexus 6 using the Google play music cloud storage and a message appeared saying that I had too many devices active.
Naturally I decided to deauthorize some devices that I don't have anymore, but it wouldn't let me. It seems, as far as this says, I've deauthorized too many devices (the limit apparently is 4 per year. I don't seriously remember deauthorizing devices before).
Also, the funny thing is that my nexus 6 appears twice on that list, and apparently is recognizing it as yet another device, hence the authorization message.
I can't play music on my nexus 6, does anyone know what can I do?? I seriously need help.

Thanks in advance.
V.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 23223.jpg
    23223.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 24511.jpg
    24511.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 12

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have never tried this before: Can you go onto Play Music on desktop and click Settings (in the upper right hand corner) click settings again, and then you can look at authorized devices. Maybe you will be allowed to deactivate them there? I checked on my Chromebook, and I can deactivate devices, but I am hoping this will work for you.

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I have never tried this before: Can you go onto Play Music on desktop and click Settings (in the upper right hand corner) click settings again, and then you can look at authorized devices. Maybe you will be allowed to deactivate them there? I checked on my Chromebook, and I can deactivate devices, but I am hoping this will work for you.

Thanks for answering. I did try on my pc, the message it shows as a "sorry, you've deauthorized top many devices"
I'll try to send Google and email to see how it goes (the only option I see on Google play music support)

Have a good day.
V.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for answering. I did tried on my pc, the message it shows as a "sorry, you've deauthorized top many devices"
I'll try to send Google and email to see how it goes (the only option I see on Google play music support)

Have a good day.
V.

I don't know how, but Phil (AC Editor in Chief) has mentioned there is a one time reset of Play that will deauthorize all your devices. That may still be an option. Ever since he said that in one of the podcasts, I have been very careful which devices I authorize in Play.

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how, but Phil (AC Editor in Chief) has mentioned there is a one time reset of Play that will deauthorize all your devices. That may still be an option. Ever since he said that in one of the podcasts, I have been very careful which devices I authorize in Play.

I should listen the podcasts more often haha... I knew there was an authorization limit, but I had no idea there was a deauthorization limit. Still, my nexus 6 shouldn't need 3 authorizations to play music. If I get an answer I'll let you know.

Thanks for all.
V.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non