What has happened to my Samsung Galaxy A3? It died while in Ultra power saving mode.

A

AC Question

After recently getting my A3 and forgetting my charger on an impromptu trip back to my parents I thought Id chuck my phone onto UPSM overnight and grab a new charger in the morning to charge my phone while I was away.

While i was sleeping my phone died but i picked up a charger from the shops, came home and tried to charge my phone to no avail. I went back to a different store and got another charger and it had the same effect.
Ive tried booting into safe mode/Starting recovery mode and neither work.
I would try remove and replace the battery but seeing as this model is an all-metal frame you cant do that.

Any help would be appreciated as my Dad got my the phone while overseas (brand new) and im not sure if the warranty would be valid in Australia where I live due to this.
-Binnzy.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If it is an international model (not specific to the country of purchase) then Samsung might warranty it in Australia. You can contact them to see what they say.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can also try to press and hold the power and volume down button (at least on the s6,check your manual) to force a reboot.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

SophieJ81

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I joined just to say thank you to whoever suggested the volume down and power button solution. It worked! I put my three month old a3, which I had bought to replace another Samsung phone which was dead as a dodo, to charge overnight and I was awoken by what I thought was my alarm. Only when I tried to check the time on my phone it was dead, wouldn't charge, wouldn't switch on, nothing. I then checked the time and it was 2.20am so either the alarm I heard was something outside or the phone emitted a whiny sound before it shut down completely. In a state of panic and worry I googled the problem and here I was. Looks like this is a common problem with this particular phone....I had similar happen with my iPhone 4 once and revived it by pressing a similar combo of buttons but never so far with an android phone (when my other Samsung died it just froze and then didnt come back on when I did a hard reset)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87