Why does my cellphone not browse over the cellular network?

A

AC Question

I am having a serious problem with my Samsung Galaxy S4. The issue is data services and it started in January 2015. If I connect to WIFI, when I leave the area or turn off the WIFI, the data services from the network provider does not automatically work (even though those settings are enabled). If I am on a call for a while, the data services stop working. If I restart the phone, the data services stop working. Sometimes I use data up to the time of going to bed, and when I wake up, data isn't working. Other times, it just stops working for no apparent reason. To get it back to work, I have to go into "Mobile Network Settings" and toggle the ACCESS POINT NAMES and NETWORK MODES settings until something works. Sometimes it works immediately, and at other times, it takes hours before it works. My data services stopped working from yesterday, and I am currently using WIFI (my account is in good order). I'm not sure which of the settings work. So if I select 1 setting this time, I sometimes have to select another setting for it to work another time. It has become EXTREMELY frustrating because the least little thing happens, my data stops working. I have checked with the network provider (Digicel), and they have checked all the settings and refreshed my chip, but that has not resolve the problem. Any ideas regarding a solution?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu>Advanced, and see if there is a Smart Network Switch or Auto Network Switch option. Turn it off and see if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress