Where do I view call, message and email history of a contact in Android 5.0 (Lollipop)?

A

AC Question

I want to upgrading my version assuming it is better. A friend did and can't figure out how to access contact history feature. This is the feature that you choose an individual contact, hit the menu and the first choice is "history" which shows date, phone times and call duration, whether it was inbound or outbound, answered, missed or rejected. It also shows a snippet of text. You can choose to view call, message, email or all. This feature is essential for business while on the road. I can also show my employer proof in the event of a customer complaint. I have little time or patience to figure this out.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I want to upgrading my version assuming it is better. A friend did and can't figure out how to access contact history feature. This is the feature that you choose an individual contact, hit the menu and the first choice is "history" which shows date, phone times and call duration, whether it was inbound or outbound, answered, missed or rejected. It also shows a snippet of text. You can choose to view call, message, email or all. This feature is essential for business while on the road. I can also show my employer proof in the event of a customer complaint. I have little time or patience to figure this out.

Welcome to the forums!

On my phone, I open the dialer, tap on the log tab and there is a pull down tab for various logs.

Attachments

• 1432747988649.jpg
    1432747988649.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 8

juliagr783

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Where do I view call, message, and email history of a contact in Android 5.0 (Lollipop)?

There used to be an option to review contact history at the contact level. Phone, email, and text. It is gone. With as much information as Google collects, why would they prevent this from the end user
?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Where do I view call, message, and email history of a contact in Android 5.0 (Lollipop)?

There used to be an option to review contact history at the contact level. Phone, email, and text. It is gone. With as much information as Google collects, why would they prevent this from the end user
?

I've never noticed that with any of my Samsung phones. I have always used the call log history.

philosophomore

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I know what you're talking about. I miss the same thing and came here hoping to learn how to recover it.

I just upgraded from:
Casio Gz'One Commando 4GLTE, running Android 4.4 Kitkat
to:
Kyocera Brigadier, running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

On my old phone, the stock contacts app listed recent "activity" for a certain contact when you were viewing that contact. At the bottom, after all the contact info, was a history with calls (marked as outgoing, incoming, and with duration) and snippets of text messages.

Anyone know where to go to get such useful functionality?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty