Samsung Galaxy S6 Please help? My Mobile data on/off shortcut button is gone. How can I get it back?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There have been thousands of views and many worldwide threads about this affecting a lot of S5 and S6 models.

A poster here was shown it's now available by long pressing the Power button where there's now a mobile data option.
I don't have either of these models but am interested if this works.

Why they changed it without telling anybody?
Perhaps because they're Google and they can.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=539944

Lindsey M

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
No change when holding down the power button (same 4 options as usual). On a Verizon forum the rep have a link to fix, but it cleared someone's phone so (I think) they had to reinstall everything. Trying to avoid that...

Kdoll83

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
My data shortcut disappeared today as well on my S6. Holding power button did not give any additional options. I had not received any software change notifications that I am aware of. :/

Tracey Dray

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Mine has also done this today. My data setting button has vanished. Might try return to factory settings. I wish I never got this phone I've had enough of it. Also it overheats samsung said they fixed that problem well they haven't this overheats more than my S4

Dardaniii

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
The same problem occurred to my S6 few days ago, and then suddenly the cell network was gone. So, i tried everything, i have formatted the software, hardware and did the root, factory reset, almost everything. :-(

ROHITH RAJ

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
FOUND a solution to mobile data shortcut restore

Steps
1. Install " QUICK PANEL RESTORE" from Samsung app store

2 .Open it & click on restore

Works perfectly well

Thanks to Samsung care support

Graeme Barrett

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. It worked. A bit confusing after clicking RESTORE when it says the app will be uninstalled, but worked it out. DO NOT uninstall it. And you have to pull down the quick panel, select edit, and drag the icons back to the top level, then click DONE.

Jsand37

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
If you go to settings and select "advanced calling," it will take you to a page with an "activate" option. Select activate, wait 5 minutes, completely turn your phone off and then back on (NOT 'restart'), and it should begin allowing data use during calls.

Marmo650

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Alright you guys I got you covered to fix the "Mobile Data Shortcut" with 4 easy steps!

. Add widget to homepage from left to right shows Power Left, Power Saving, Active Apps & the MB USED

. Add widget to a backround page

. Click on (far right on widget with bars) MB USED

. Click on top choice MOBILE DATA

. Turn off STANDARD DATA

DONE!!!!

Hopes this helps guys,
Marmo

Jamaican4Trump

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Look for the "AT&T" app. Look for the app titled "USAGE MANAGER", It looks like a multi-coloured graph. Tapping this app will show the "MOBILE DATA" app.
U can then press & hold the Mobile Data app to move it to the main screen for easy future access.
Go Donald Trump 2016!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87