Help picking phone for non technical person.

Steven Sciple

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I have to help a friend get a new Verizon smartphone. He is not very tech savvy, but wants an up to date smartphone. He currently has droid razr m. I'm looking at either s6, droid turbo, g4, or note 4. I'll spend the next year explaining everything but with the note 4 the same price as the s6 of g4 am wondering if I should learn that way.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Not very tech-savvy? Those are all high-end devices! :)
What features are important to your friend in a phone, apart from being up-to-date and, presumably, simple to understand and use?

Steven Sciple

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
He "has to have the best" but most features will not be used. Basically uses the alarm, phone, gmail, and text messaging. I am going to try to teach him to use it more, but it will take time.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You have your hands full in my opinion.

I would recommend that you take him with you to the Verizon store and let him hold and use each of the models you mentioned. I personally use the Note 4 bu the large size doesn't hinder my needs.

He may even see a lesser phone he likes better. This is a large investment of his money and your time so be as thorough as you can in helping him decide on which one he likes.

Lastly, Good Luck.