Best Android phone you've had?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had a couple phones that stood out from the others phones I had.

The first was the Moto X (2013) that phone was great, nice size, smooth performance.The camera was not one of the best tho. It had some new features on its release that stood out from the other phones.

The other phone(s) would have to be the Pixel phones. Having had both the Pixel(2016) and the Pixel 2 XL Panda. I would have to give the Panda the better of the two phones but was a close call neither of those are a bad phone.Currently still using both of those phones depending if I want a small phone or a large phone for that day

Worst phone Samsung S3

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I see Note II has been mentioned several times.

It would've been my pick too but hTc nailed it with especially the OS when android back then was good not great.

I love the Note II so much I got two, used the other an an "iPod." lol

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had a couple phones that stood out from the others phones I had.

The first was the Moto X (2013) that phone was great, nice size, smooth performance.The camera was not one of the best tho. It had some new features on its release that stood out from the other phones.

The other phone(s) would have to be the Pixel phones. Having had both the Pixel(2016) and the Pixel 2 XL Panda. I would have to give the Panda the better of the two phones but was a close call neither of those are a bad phone.Currently still using both of those phones depending if I want a small phone or a large phone for that day

Worst phone Samsung S3

I'm not surprised that a Moto phone is making the list for some users. It's such a great device line.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
From the Old School of "they just don't make 'em like they used to anymore", I would nominate my 2+ year old LG V20. It was one of the 1st running Nougat out of the box and successfully made the transition to Oreo. With a swappable battery and IR blaster it is the last of it's kind. As for the new generation of devices, my Note 9 is the most feature rich, powerful phone it has been my pleasure to hold in my hands. From awe inspiring photos/videos to keeping up with the demands of my job, this juggernaut does it all and then some.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The LG G2 might have been my all-time favorite phone if it had a better camera and improved software. Loved the back power/ volume buttons, slim bezels and amazing battery life. The screen was quite good for 2013.

My current phone (Pixel 2XL) is the best phone I've used. Wouldn't say this right after my first one but the second 2XL is flawless and does everything I need. Other than the smaller Pixel 2, it's the first phone I've used that didn't have any glaring weaknesses.

Also really liked the Moto XPE, Nexus 6, OnePlus 3T and Pixel 2.

Last edited:

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Possibly my S3, bought it in 2012 and it was lightyears ahead of my previous LG and it was the first actual good cell phone camera I used. I drowned it in a river and had to dry it out in 2013, took it apart myself and fixed it. My mom and sister both used it for awhile after that, and when I got it back gave it to a friend. He used it until late 2017 as his daily phone. That thing survived 5 years of abuse and never even had the battery swapped.

I have to go with the S3 also. It represented a real leap in utility over the previous phones (unlike the past few years). I kept it until it got so buggered I got my current phone the S7.

I'd take that form in a newer offering any day.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
The Samsung S8 active. Alot of good features and specs, and the 1st phone that I haven't felt the need for a case for since my long retired flip phone.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It would have to be my current phone which is the Samsung Note 9. I really enjoy using it. It does everything I need it to do so far.

bakron1

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking about what my favorite Android device was and I have to go with my original Nexus One by HTC. I still think the device was ahead of its time.

It had a great screen and fourm factor with the only real downfall being it was limited to just 512MB of app memory which made it limited to having a lot of apps.

But after I rooted the device and installed the early Cyanogen ROM, the device just came alive. I honestly think they should update the device and re-release a special edition. The only bad side of that thought is the market has changed and everyone wants large screens.

Still will be one of my all time favorite of the Nexus line, just thought I would share my thoughts on a great device back in the early days of Android.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
my note 8. every phone I have gotten I thought "this is a great phone I'm going to keep this for years" then I trade it in the next year, or months.
it might be that phones have flattened out and not much is happening. but the battery life, UI, camera and usability is still on par.

however, the most ergonomic phone I have used was the G3. perfect size, curved back was super comfy and if you were lucky it doubled as a hand warmer.
the coolest phone I turned was the Droid bionic. had everything possible, including a micro HDMI out. But that was the era where every two months a much better phone came out.