What's with my andoird OS taking up internal storage space???

A

ALarson Question

I have cleared as much of my storage space as possible (apps, pictures, videos, other caches), but it still says I have 'insuficent space'. So I go back to the 'setting' icon and head to 'storage' and my storage space bar (the thing with all the colors) is filled with a royal blue color that's labeled 'Android OS'. I try clicking on it to clear the used space, but nothing happens. I don't know what to do.
I have an Android Razr M.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have cleared as much of my storage space as possible (apps, pictures, videos, other caches), but it still says I have 'insuficent space'. So I go back to the 'setting' icon and head to 'storage' and my storage space bar (the thing with all the colors) is filled with a royal blue color that's labeled 'Android OS'. I try clicking on it to clear the used space, but nothing happens. I don't know what to do.
I have an Android Razr M.

Welcome to Android Central!

The OS is a ever growing thing on your phone. The partition on your phone for the OS is only do big. Eventually you will run out if space unless the manufacture resizes the partition on the next update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa