Samsung Galaxy S6 Mute options

vdub1980

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi and sorry if this has been asked before but I've googled without any answers.

On my old S4 from the lock screen or when unlocked I could hold the power button and select mute but on the S6 this option is not there.

I'm thinking it could be a problem with my phone as I also do not have the sort a-z option in my apps screen?

I think i prefer android 4.4 so far!

Anyone know how I can get this mute option back please it's driving me mad?!

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi and sorry if this has been asked before but I've googled without any answers.

On my old S4 from the lock screen or when unlocked I could hold the power button and select mute but on the S6 this option is not there.

I'm thinking it could be a problem with my phone as I also do not have the sort a-z option in my apps screen?

I think i prefer android 4.4 so far!

Anyone know how I can get this mute option back please it's driving me mad?!

Posted via the Android Central App

Hi :) if you swipe down with your finger to reveal the notification tap do you have a toggle that says "vibrate / sound / mute" it will say one of those depending on your phones current volume status? try swiping to the right to reveal 5 more toggles. If it isn't there select edit. Find the toggle and move it into the top 10, you can move it by pressing and holding down the toggle until you feel a small vibrate then move it with your hand. When you select this toggle, you will have three options, it will change your phone to the following:

1. Sound - turns the ringer on your phone
2. Vibrate - silences the phone, except from the vibrate
3. Mute - turns the volume and vibrate off on the phone.

Regarding your second point about the A-Z in the app drawer, this fix will come in 5.1.1 Lollipop, which is being rolled out the now :)

Hope this helps

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty