Can I put a galaxy exibit sim card in a galaxy s5?

A

AC Question

I currently own a Samsung galaxy exibit (t-599). I was wondering if I got a Samsung galaxy s5 would I be able to put the old sim card in it. Would I be able to make calls on it? I pretty much wondering if I put it in will I be able to use the s5 as a phone. They are both T-mobile phones. Thanls for the help. :)

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Both phones use the same type of micro-sim card. So yes you can put your SIM in the S5. Just make sure it is a T-Mobile S5 or an unlocked GSM one that will work on T-Mobile fully.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Other than the fct that you can only use the SIM in one phone at time, there should be no problem. The account goes with the SIM, not with the phone. (The insurance goes with the phone, so if you have insurance on the Exhibit and want that transferred to the S5 (it'll probably cost more), go into the store and ask for an equipment swap. They may tell you that they have to give you a new SIM, but there's no charge for that. (It's just the way some carriers do business and it's been too long for me to remember if TMobile does it (although I still have a box of unused full size TMobile SIMS). AT&T will almost always replace the SIM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez