Why do I receive messages from different but similar contact number?

JMW Turner

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
This messages are from the same person but I frequently receive her messages from another number similar to hers. This "similar number" also shows the same name as the person i'm exchanging messages with in my phone. The original number is 0906******* and the "similar number" is 2906*******. The only difference is the first digit. I never saved the "similar number" but it's "almost" always the one that appears whenever I receive a message from her. It started when I passed her some of my load in our network. The network requires to change the first digit (0) to another number which is two (2) in able for me to pass some of my load to her number. And since then, this problem always occur. I checked my contacts if the "similar number" was saved in her contact profile but it wasn't there. This is a problem because I always accidentally reply to this "similar number" and waste my load 'cause she does not receive the message with that number. I've been trying to find solutions for years but I couldn't. Please help me solve this problem. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does that person use Google Voice? If so, it's possible that her real number and her Google Voice number are very similar.

JMW Turner

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
She never used Google voice. In our country, we usually use telecom services to send sms and so we don't send e-mail through our cellphones. The only method we exchange sms is via our telecom service. Her contact profile in my phone only contains her cellphone number and doesn't include any of her online accounts such as google. The cellphone I'm using is Samsung's Galaxy Y.

JMW Turner

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
She said she didn't do anything different from the time that the messaging was fine. In fact, when I passed some of my load to my brother through the same method, the same problem also occurs with my brother's number in my cellphone.

JMW Turner

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if the system is the same in your place but in our country we have to buy a certain amount of "load"(similar to buying credits for online games) in order for us to be able to send sms and call others. I tried passing my load using my other cellphone(with another OS) back then but this problem didn't occur even once so i'm kinda convinced that the issue is with the phone or the OS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non