Question Phones with UI similar to Samsung/One UI?

Blitz

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

So, this is probably a bit random but, I'm looking for some advice on behalf of my 71 year old mum. For reference, we're in the UK.

Long story short, she's become used to the UI/functionality of Samsung phones but, has also consistently faced issues using these phones, such as forceful push notifications (spamming her with ads, no matter how many settings I deactivate on her phone, as well as through her Google account), certain numbers always being sent to voicemail, including her doctors number (I've checked the call forwarding/blocking settings, it's not those)! A number of other issues as well. I've experienced none of those issues on phones I've used, going back nearly 25 years, I've also never liked/used Samsung phones myself, so I'm starting to suspect that's why I've never had half of the issues she's been facing with hers.

She's currently using a Samsung S10e, she's had it for 4 years or so now (these problems started during the first few months, so it's nothing to do with the phones age as of now). Can anyone suggest any NON-Samsung phones (but, still Android-based) - ideally more modern/powerful ones than her current S10e - with a similar UI/functionality (settings menu, home screen UI, etc) to her current phone?

I realise all too well that each manufacturer tries to customise the UI to their 'brand' (having recently bought my first Realme phone, the UI took some getting used, I'm still not sure where everything is 🤯), so there may not be any but, if there is, a nod towards it would be a great help in me finding this years Xmas gift for her! 😎

Thanks in advance,

LJ

Blitz

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
I'd think the simplest UI would be the one you find on a Pixel.
Thanks for the suggestion but, considering how intrusive her Samsung phones have been, I'm reluctant to subject her to one of Google's own phones (given that they're among the most intrusive company's on the internet, at least with OEM versions, there are normally ways of improving privacy and security). 🚫

Are you aware of any others that have a similar UI to Samsung phones, which could make the transition less confusing for a pensioner?

(I've been researching as much as possible but, there's only so much you can determine from words on a screen 😅)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000