Moto G having charging problems.

Ethan Braun

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I got my moto G about a year and a half ago. About a few months ago, I started having problems with charging the phone. At first it was the charger. But just recently, I bought a charger issued by Motorola (reviews say it works perfectly fine for everyone else). But for me, it takes a super long time to charge and it will even lose battery if I'm doing something (ex. YouTube). I left it the charger at around 50-60℅ last night and the next morning it had only charged up to 94℅. Is it the charger or is it my phone? I don't want to waste money on another charger if it's a problem with my charging port.. Plus, the micro USB won't fully go in. It's kinda loose and able to be jiggled around.

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ethan, welcome to the forums! Have you noticed if the charge stops sometimes when plugged? Maybe there's a bad contact and it keeps disconnecting. You could try keeping the connector still with a book or something in a position that you can see it's charging. But it looks that it will need to be repaired.

Moto G charger is very slow anyway, but not so much. Try with a 1 amp charger and see if it makes a difference.