Question about android device manager

A

AC Question

Yesterday I lost my nexus 5. I changed my google account password and I tried "deleting" the contents of my device using android device manager . Today I found my phone but I am afraind of turning it on. Is there a way to cancel the "delete" procedure? What can I do to keep the contents of my device?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Interesting!

I just then wondered why this aspect of ADM had not been asked before, but it has.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=425443

I agree with SpookDroid and Rukbat that you may be able to do a Samsung Smart Switch back up to a pc while it has no signal, sim removed, wifi not available.

Samsung Smart Switch won't save everything but a lot. You could also drag photos from the DCIM folder to a pc.
The newer Smart Switch is designed to restore to a new Samsung device, but I would also do a backup to the older Samsung Kies program as a backup of a backup!, they may save a few different items.

I think once mobile data is connected via sim the Wipe command will reach the device in a couple of minutes or so.

Between doing the backup via usb and inserting the sim, I would chance connecting on wifi only and sync all in your Google and Samsung accounts.

(Sync on, Accounts - Google and Accounts Samsung, touch account names and check all the bozes you need. Some Samsung files are saved that way, and you will still need your Google data.

I hope that's a little help, but I searched before and I don't think you can reverse the command, but hopefully following above should restore it back close to what it was.

Remember your Samsung and Google account logins when you restart the reset device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress