Dropped Htc One M8 in water, having alot of problems.

A

AC Question

Two days ago I dropped my htc one in dish water. I pulled it out, dried it off and everything seemed to be working fine. The phone has been wet before and i know that its able to work after being wet so i didnt think much of it. Later that night my screen would randomly turn on and the volume would max out, even if i lowered the volume back to vibrate it would raise maybe within the next 5-10 minutes. At some point my power button stopped working. Since i was gaming i decided to let it work itself out overnight.

Yesterday these problems were gone but if I used the phone for music or youtube(or i guess used it in general) it would randomly turn off and the audio quality during calls has degraded so im assuming my speakers have been damaged(calls later in the day seemed fine though). I left it alone and it still turned off on its own. My auto rotate seems to be locked because even if its off the screen still does it.

Last night thats when i found out my phone wouldnt charge anymore. Just to be sure i left it on the charge and turned the phone off so it wouldnt die. I havent been experiencing any of the other problems yet. Any suggestions? I might not be able to upgrade to a new phone so i'd like to try and work this out if possible.

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
This is me, I just signed in

My phone isnt reading my sd card so im assuming that the card has stopped working or the reader has but im unable to check.

Im starting to think that my phone is chargable. Last night i got the red flash around 20 percent (indicating that the phone's battery is low) and put it on the charger. The phone battery atm says its at 17 percent but i dont get the red flash, so either the charging green flash and battery icon do not work(but my phone can charge) or my red flash has stopped working and the phone cant charge. Or maybe nothing works but it still can charge lol

Last edited:

suhasrrao

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I guess there might be some liquid damage to your phone. Even if you have dried it there might be some droplets inside that could be responsible for the behaviour of your phone. Try keeping it in a dry atmosphere like in rice or silica gel. Might work. Else it's better visiting the authorised service centre.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45