How can I connect my Samsung Galaxy to my win 7 PC va USB ??

A

AC Question

I've had my S4 for a while and have never been able to connect via USB. - It charges up OK, but The PC doesn't see it AT ALL, (on some PC's it says it doesn't recognise it).
The phone doesn't see the USB.
I've tries KIES and it just say "Please connect a device, then tells me I must change the connection mode. - I can't find 'connection mode' anywhere in the settings.
I'm on O2, and have Android version 5.0.1
I've looked at USB tethering, and it says "No USB device connected".
Any suggestions please?
Thanks

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had my S4 for a while and have never been able to connect via USB. - It charges up OK, but The PC doesn't see it AT ALL, (on some PC's it says it doesn't recognise it).
The phone doesn't see the USB.
I've tries KIES and it just say "Please connect a device, then tells me I must change the connection mode. - I can't find 'connection mode' anywhere in the settings.
I'm on O2, and have Android version 5.0.1
I've looked at USB tethering, and it says "No USB device connected".
Any suggestions please?
Thanks

Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

You may have a cheaper aftermarket cable that has only a one way connection.
Try an app like Spec Device, Genuine Galaxy or Antutu (device information) to check it's not fake. I don't know how you sourced it or if it's from O2 so just covering the bases.
Samsung Kies should work and install the drivers, I think the program let's you select which version of Kies depending on your model.
Also try the newer Samsung Smart Switch pc program (not the app), it's taking over from Kies.
If you had a request to change input mode you were getting somewhere.
Normally when you plug it in to the usb on a pc, you get a message on the notification screen that it's now connected as an MTP device or a PTP device, and you can switch by pulling down the shade and selecting.
Media Transfer Protocol is better to start with than Photo Transfer Protocol.

Since Android KitKat I think the device should appear as a Portable Media Player in Windows Explorer / My Computer but you can still access the files such as the DCIM folder for photos without using any program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress