Textra - custom ringtones

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I've just got an LG G4 and I am using Textra for sms. I have added some custom ringtones to the ringtones folder of internal memory, but they are not showing up on Textra. They do for Whatsapp.

Just wondering if Textra uses it's own ringtones folder, and if so where I'd locate it?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe Textra will only see ringtones in the media/ringtones folder on the system partition. Check the internal SD card and see if there's a file with ringtones saved there and try dropping the tones in there. If you can't, then unfortunately Textra may not be able to customize the ringtone in that manner.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I believe Textra will only see ringtones in the media/ringtones folder on the system partition. Check the internal SD card and see if there's a file with ringtones saved there and try dropping the tones in there. If you can't, then unfortunately Textra may not be able to customize the ringtone in that manner.
I thought as much. Thanks for your reply anyway.

jmervin

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I've just got an LG G4 and I am using Textra for sms. I have added some custom ringtones to the ringtones folder of internal memory, but they are not showing up on Textra. They do for Whatsapp.

Just wondering if Textra uses it's own ringtones folder, and if so where I'd locate it?

Thanks in advance

I open my custom music/ sounds in the Ringdroid app and save them as notications/ ringtones. After that, they are visible in the Textra notification settings menu. Hope this helps!

Last edited: