Google Play : no payment method supported?

A

AC Question

I'm sorry if this has been covered already, but I don't have a search function for the threads on the phone, so I could only roughly check the posted threads. Now the issue :

I am from Germany, so my Google Play account is german. I used this account on my Galaxy S+ and my S4 without encountering any problems when paying with the gift card credits.
My boyfriend is from Italy (so both accounts are european and not too far away), so is his Google account and for every payment method supported by Google, it says "Unsupported payment method". He can neither do in-app purchases nor purchase an app itself, not with gift card credits (Currently 25€ charged and he can't even use 1€ to purchase an app), paypal or a credit card (A valid Master card, correctly registered to the account).
It seems strange that a German acount can do all these purchases and an Italian one can't, especially because they sell the gift cards in Italy, too. It worked neither on his Galaxy S3 nor on the S6, so I'm assuming it's not a problem of uncorrectly installed software. I wonder if other people encountered this problem and maybe even found a solution other than switching to apple devices.

Thank you for your attention and help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi