Ringtone stuck to beep beep

A

AC Question

Samsung galaxy S4 mini i9195
Android version 4.4.4

I bought my phone maybe 15 days ago and only changed my ringtone once...to Beep Beep
I remember my phone being set to silent when I got it but noone called at that time so I cant tell if it was working normal then

I tryed changing it yesterday, and it changes in the options but not when I get a call.
Ive been searching on internet for quite some time without results, only seen ppl with same problems.

Please give me some advise on how to solve this problem
Thanks

DRen72

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I joined the forum to reply to this. I had this happen once and could not find a solution to it online although I found many suggestions. So, my solution may or may not be yours as well, but I didn't see my solution posted elsewhere.

The issue on mine had to do with GROUPS. In my Contacts and in most contact apps we have groups. In my case, somehow, my primary contacts group had been assigned its own ringtone which overrode the default ringtone. For my setup, I went into Contacts, selected Groups, then selected each group (ie: Family, Friends, ICE, etc), then I selected Edit. At this point I could see the option to choose a Group specific ringtone.

So all is well and now that I know about this "hidden at the time" feature, it can be handy. Hope this helps someone else.