Hello. I live in an area where I don't get more than 1 or 2 bar signal. I have tried many different tricks, resorting to rooting and using a 3G turbo script that hasn't solved my problem showing very small improvement. My data plan usually runs out at 5GB, but even when it's not, I'm only running at most 50kbps. So I figured tethering rather than using ad-hoc for my laptop, as those are my only options, would prove to be better, however pdanet seems to stall so I thought to use my phones modem. I have an Optimus Fuel and I have tried using several USB drivers, even the ones you direct people to in some of your forums, however every time I attempt dial up, it tell me:The connection attempt failed because the modem (or other connecting device) on the remote computer is out of order. I looked it up and it says that the driver isn't configured properly however , when I go into device manager it says it is. I was wondering if this had anything to do with the fact I rooted my phone and modified the scripts or if there was something else I was missing to do.If I could even get help on improving my connection even that would also be most helpful. I appreciate any and all input .Thanks for any help.
    08-12-2015 06:08 PM