Phone wont play music through earpiece

A

AC Question

My phone wont play music through earpiece,i only hear cracklin noise and odd sounds..Whenever i plug in an earpiece and play music through my samsung note 2, there is only crackling sound and u cant hear the music properly. Then i had and idea to just give my phone a knock. It works for awhile. Then whenever it starts cracklin i give it a knock. Then it starts gettin irritated, and i knocked on it really2 hard and nw it sounds as if its swimming underwater.why and hw do i rwslove this???? But the music whenever i use the speakers its ok. Its only when i use an earpiece or headphones that i encounter such problems..

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
This is obviously a hardware problem. Probably some solder joint broken or cold soldered. You'll have to take it in to have someone look at it if you can't repair it yourself.

Hmmm, on second thought, it might just be the contacts are bad. Do you have some pure alcohol... not 70% rubbing alcohol (30% water!)? If you do, you might use a q-tip and the pure alcohol and clean the phone jack. It might just have some muck in there causing an intermittent connection.