Question Music not functionning

Yotopette

Feb 24, 2024
Visit site
I have sound, in videos etc, but music does not function. I tried a few apps, even vlc. I downloaded some of my music from the computer to the android device. I put it in the "Music" folder. The apps I tried seem to find it, but when I tap "Play" I hear only the first note and then it stops. I have flac and mp3 files. Is it possible I put too many files and overloaded the device? How can I fix this, please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would help to know the brand and model number of your phone, as requested in your other thread. If you don't know it, you can find it in Settings>About Phone.

Where did you get the music files that were on your computer? Did you rip them from CDs, or download them from some website?

This would not be due to too many files on the phone.

Yotopette

Feb 24, 2024
Visit site
My music files come from all sorts of places. Some come from a CD, some come from the web, some come from a friend who is a musician and are his own creations... Mostly they're files I've been transferring from one device to the next one for years :).

The problem seems to come from rather recent files in flac format. Removing all flac files fixed the android device. I converted some to mp3 format (using "Audacity") and put them back. It still functions.

I'm happy this is sorted, otherwise this device would have gone straight back to the seller. It is still under guarantee.

Reactions: B. Diddy

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My music files come from all sorts of places. Some come from a CD, some come from the web, some come from a friend who is a musician and are his own creations... Mostly they're files I've been transferring from one device to the next one for years :).

The problem seems to come from rather recent files in flac format. Removing all flac files fixed the android device. I converted some to mp3 format (using "Audacity") and put them back. It still functions.

I'm happy this is sorted, otherwise this device would have gone straight back to the seller. It is still under guarantee.
Which device was this ?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

That's unusual because all of my music files are in the FLAC format ripped from CDs or purchased from Bandcamp, and they all play just fine using the Poweramp app.

Reactions: mustang7757

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter