Why is my SD card coming up with not inserted?

A

AC Question

I have an SD card inserted into my samsung phone however according to my phone there isnt an SD card inserted, ive tried taking it out and putting it back in but it doesnt work, also when I try to check my music it says your SD card is busy, but when i try to check my files it just says there is no SD card inserted. Help would really appreciated. Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could be a card the phone can't read (a phone that can only read SDHC can't read SDXC cards), a bad card, a bad card slot or bad firmware in the phone.

Put the card in a card reader (turn the phone off first), and see if the card is readable in a computer. If not, it's a bad card. (If it's a SanDisk, go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support and ask for help (live chat at the upper right) or just ask for a replacement (SanDisk Online RMA Request). Formatting the card in the computer might make it usable - if the computer sees the card. If it doesn't, there;'s not much you can do.

If the card is readable, put it back in the phone, turn the phone on and see if it's readable in the phone now. It could have been a transient thing. If not, the phone has to go into a repair shop.