Why does clicking a link in Secure website takes me back to the login page for the website?

A

AC Question

Why does clicking a link in Secure website takes me back to the login page for the website

I work for a software company who has a secure website that the users can login to and access their data. One user on a Galaxy S4 logs into the secure website just fine. then when clicks one of the options on the menu he is taken back to the login page with a message that his password was incorrect. Other users with Galaxy S4 phones do not have this issue.

We have tried the following things to remedy this issue but none have been successful.

1) restarted the device.
2) made sure the DATA usage is not restricted.
3) made sure cookies are allowed.
4) cleared the Cache.
5) cleared form data.
6) cleared personal data.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does clicking a link in Secure website takes me back to the login page for the website

Welcome to Android Central! When you say you cleared form data and personal data, do you mean you went to the App Manager, selected the browser, and tapped Clear Data?

Bud360

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why does clicking a link in Secure website takes me back to the login page for the website

Yes I did this in the app manager then selecting the browser then clearing data.
I also did some of these things in the settings on the phone where there are actually places to clear other things such as personal data and form data.

nothing has helped. We have another S4 here that works just fine when logged into this secure website.
we even powered off the phone and powered back up again still the same issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, try ​Settings>Security>Clear Credentials.

Helperer

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Check version. Bet he has the latest. Will not accept passwords is copied and pasted. Have to write directly on forms. Try it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87