How do I get my phone unstuck from the yellow Sprint Spark screen?

A

AC Question

I had an update alert on my phone so I decided to update. My phone went through its normal updating procedure and rebooted itself to finish up but while it was starting up again it got stuck on one of the start screens. It's been stuck on it for hours!! It won't respond to any buttons. I did take the battery out and put it back in to restart the phone but it got stuck on the same screen. What do I do?

tmkdrich

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
My son is having the same problem with the S4 Sprint Spark. Downloaded an app then restart the phone a little later. All of a sudden gets stuck on the yellow sprint spark screen and won't load any further. Tried to factory reset but still gets stuck on same screen. HELP!

tmkdrich

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I believe it might have. Several days ago an update automatically installed itself when my son restarted his phone and he tried to stop it, since he didn't know what update it was, but it wouldn't cancel. Few days later he installed a new app (not sure which one) then the following day he turned it off. When he turned it back on is when it was then stuck on the sprint spark yellow screen. We tried to factory reset it but it still won't go any farther.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Bring it either to your local Sprint store or Best Buy (with a Samsung Store in it). Let them know the Sprint update seems to have caused this problem. Hopefully they can just re-flash the firmware, but if it remains frozen, ask Sprint for a replacement phone, since it was there update that caused the problem.