S5 G900t No sound after screen replacement-Send to Samsung with Knox Tripped?

A

AC Question

Guys i'm so over this phone.

I've change the digitizer 3 times,the charger port board 3/4 times and it finally is giving me some problems.No sound.
Its a rooted G900T with root, custom recovery and rom.
No sound.In calls, or youtube anywhere, except headphones-Headphones and mic work.

trust me, ive tried everything. Wiping cache, wiping FW, all the tricks with airplane mode,and headphone trick.. I've even tried another casing, with new speaker inside.

I'm absolutely fed up.

Its not water damaged, though they'll be able to tell people have messed with it (me)
Im wondering if not having the home button plugged in will not turn on volume?(mines not plugged in.Or since i dont currently have the screws in, maybe that's it idk.

My question: Can i send for hardware repair even with Knox tripped?
What will they do if i rma, will they just send it back?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Guys i'm so over this phone.

I've change the digitizer 3 times,the charger port board 3/4 times and it finally is giving me some problems.No sound.
Its a rooted G900T with root, custom recovery and rom.
No sound.In calls, or youtube anywhere, except headphones-Headphones and mic work.

trust me, ive tried everything. Wiping cache, wiping FW, all the tricks with airplane mode,and headphone trick.. I've even tried another casing, with new speaker inside.

I'm absolutely fed up.

Its not water damaged, though they'll be able to tell people have messed with it (me)
Im wondering if not having the home button plugged in will not turn on volume?(mines not plugged in.Or since i dont currently have the screws in, maybe that's it idk.

My question: Can i send for hardware repair even with Knox tripped?
What will they do if i rma, will they just send it back?

Welcome to the forums!

If I remember correctly, if it has KNOX tripped and it is noticed, they won't even do a paid repair, but let me see if I can verify that for you.

dovedescent7

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
So i did a chat w/Samsung and my warranty is expired. They will only repair for $$
they gave me this # and a rma # or something to escalate she said, "call this number and they might be able to do more than she can, but i am chat, i dont have authority to give repair on OOW phones, call this number and explain your situation" ##### 1-888-987-4357

Guys FYI. I have a new digitizer ready to go on this.The audio through headset and mic works great. So sending this back would entail me adhering this thing properly-a pain in the arse. the other IMPORTANT thing i need to tell you guys the speaker worked up until a week ago when i disassembled/tool off digitizer (audio even worked with Broken digitizer) but i put the new digitizer on - and now no audio???

Any suggestions on what i can DYI for this? id prefer to sell this..
Is the ONLY answer a new mainboard?

Guys ive repaired many of these, does anyone know of any trick or thing to do besides sending it back?

dovedescent7

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

If I remember correctly, if it has KNOX tripped and it is noticed, they won't even do a paid repair, but let me see if I can verify that for you.

sorry about double post, i meant to quote the above person, thank you kindly for your help. Ive got a pregnant wife and am moving, and i could really use some good advice...Very overwhelmed..

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First you have to diagnose the problem. Did you damage the earpiece? Did you bend or break the motherboard? You can't replace the bad part until you know which part is bad.

That's why DIY internal repairs are usually more expensive than bringing the phone to a repair shop at the beginning.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
sorry about double post, i meant to quote the above person, thank you kindly for your help. Ive got a pregnant wife and am moving, and i could really use some good advice...Very overwhelmed..

The number I posted should be a good number for you to call also. They can give you an estimate on cost, of course the cost can be a bit more when they get into it. I know in the past, when the Note 3 was the current phone, I know two people that had motherboards replaced on the S3 and the N2. Both of those phones cost about $75 each for motherboard replacement.

Now if you have a shop close around, it might be much cheaper, but both of those were cheaper to have the MB replaced than to have the screen replaced by Samsung. The only way to do it with Samsung is to get an estimate and send it in, they will call you first and tell you if the price is different than what they quoted and ask if you want to do the repair. I'd you don't, they will send it back.