AT&T Galaxy S8 Headphone Jack, GPS, Charging Port & SIM Card issues after Screen Replacement

bumrocks

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Headphone Jack, GPS, & SIM Card issues after Screen Replacement
Sunday

After a light drop and cracking the screen, I had it replaced BUT now the phone is not good for much else than use with wifi. It appears to detect that a sim card is present and can read such info as to the phone number associated with the card but shows the following:

Network: Unknown

Signal Strength: -113 dBm 0 asu

Mobile Network: Unknown

Service state: Radio Off (which may be the root issue since I can go to the "secret menu" and turn radio service on but it just does not do it and remains off or switches right back to off)

Roaming: Not roaming
Mobile Network State: Disconnected

When I plug in any number of headphones it is not detected and sound proceeds through the external speakers. Jack is clean. Can connect Bluetooth headphones without issue.

GPS never connects to satellites but instead relies on network reported GPS via wi-fi.

When plugged into Samsung charger and any number of USB-c cables that have no issue on other devices I get the yellow triangle and slow charging.

Yi (wireless) charging not working.

It is my opinion that this is some type of hardware issue and that all are linked in some way together since it all happened at the same time. My question is what part or parts might they be...Individual recommendations to each issue are not necessary as I have tried all software and settings troubleshooting options. As I said, pretty certain they are all linked in some way.

And yes, my phone has been reset multiple times. And no, I can't take it back to whoever replaced the LCD...That was me. I have also replaced the charging port & Yi antennae with no change. NFC works, fingerprint scanner works...I believe everything is fine with exception to those I listed.

Current software is up to date.
Device status: Official
Model # SM-G950U
Baseband Ver: G950USQU5CSA4
Android Version 8.0
Samsung Experience version 9.0
Kernel version: 4.4.78-15104926
Security Enhancements...: Enforcing
Knox Ver 3.0 API level 24 TIMA 3.3.0

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads